Most of the projects these days feature IoT and you can’t deny the importance of a device that comes with powerful and impressive usability with IoT computers. Omega2 is an amazing addition to the latest IoT solutions. Easy usability is Omega’s prime feature and it continues to amaze us with this news release. The IoT application development has become easier, faster and effective, thanks to Omega2. If Arduino is powerful and efficient, and Raspberry Pi is flexible, then Omega could well combine the features of these distinct devices.
· MIPS 580MHz Processor
· The processor comes with 64MB memory assistance
· Features 16MB storage memory
· USB 2.0
· b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter
· 15 GPIO Pins
· 2 PWM Channels
· 2 UARTs
· 1 x I2C
· 1 x SPI
· 1x I2S
Omega2 doesn’t feature a Micro SD Slot
· Easy for the beginners and learners at their early hardware/software development phase
· Compatible with various Dock board to increase the functionality via expansions
· The low price makes it affordable even for the learners
· Features Flash Memory, DDR2 DRAM, and a chip antenna
Omega2 differs from Omega2 Plus in two aspects:
· Omega2 Plus has 32MB storage memory whereas we have 16MB storage memory on Omega2.
· Secondly, Omega2 lacks a MicroSD slot but Omega2 Plus features a MicroSD slot (built-in).
It is a better option to connect with the external devices to ensure efficient proceeding during the projects and Omega2 helps you effectively in this regard. You can establish a wired Omega2-computer connection with the help of USB. The USB 2.0 also helps to receive power and attach various peripheral devices. If it comes to the industry standard devices, the SPI and I2C make it possible to connect these devices with your Omega. You can also establish an Ethernet to wired network, or connect audio devices with the help of I2S. Let’s not forget about 15 GPIO pins which help you connect various interfaces, both custom and simple designs.